Final NYC Apartment Hunting Trip

December 12, 2011

Sky high with jetBlue
 My final NYC trip truly did not turn out the way it was supposed to guys, but that's why I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason!

Bushwick, Brooklyn area.
I was originally supposed to be going to the city looking for new leased apartments going in with a roommate but that didn't work out so all I could do was roll with the punches! 

I spent my time in the city this past week meeting up with possible tenants to check out their rooms and their areas. I originally went into this whole sharing a room with complete stranger concept with open arms as far as the location. I learned that I prefer Harlem over Bushwick any day. Harlem is much more gentrified than smaller parts in Brooklyn. I'm all about diversity and Bushwich doesn't really have that. 

Me the Upper East Side
I'm glad I got the opportunity to sleep in both areas that I was looking at. Now I know that I will have to be a Manhattan boy.

I didn't put any money down on the rooms I saw since I will be able to give myself more time to think about and look at other rooms online while I'm still in Charlotte. The whole leaving money with a complete stranger scares me. Since I don't know the person officially I will not be guarranteed the guy/girl will still be there when I move-in. 

Scary, but adventurous!

No comments: