Apartment Hunting In NYC Tomorrow!

December 7, 2011

So tomorrow morning I'll be on my first plane ride since I was little boy, destination NYC of course. After getting off that flight at JFK I'll be running all over town looking at apartments on my checklist. No this is not the big move.

One thing to note is that I will be looking for a ROOM versus an empty UNIT since I couldn't for the life of me get a reliable roommate in time. Yes, I went through THREEEE potential prospects who all said "yes" at some point in time, but eventually all of them flaked!

But since I don't give up, I'll be going in on a unit already occupied where someone will be looking for the fabulous me to fill the empty room ;]

Going into this apartment hunt about 2 months ago I've set my heart on Spanish Harlem so badly, but have yet to find anything "to my needs" in that area let alone Upper Manhattan for my time frame. I'm a little disappointed since Manhattan is my first choice location. From the potential rooms I have lined up for Thursday flight only ONE is in Manhattan and I'm praying I can get it.

All of this constant craigslist surfing better pay off by the end of this week! I want keys to a Harlem apartment is all I'm asking Lord!

Note: 23 days until I'm a NYC resident.

No comments: